Massage therapy is the practice of working the soft tissues of the body for the purpose of bringing them back to their normal state in order that the body can heal itself. Thus, massage eliminates pain and stress and helps you achieve an overall feeling of well being. Massage therapy is a perfect complement to chiropractic. Chiropractic works on the bones and massage therapy on the muscles, which together are often the cause of pain and dysfunction.
Some of the Benefits Include:
- Alleviates headaches, neck, back and extremity pain.
- Improves your range of motion and flexibility.
- Reduces stiffness and muscle tension.
- Increases the release of endorphins- the body’s “feel good” chemicals.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Assists in the recovery from injuries and certain types of surgery.
- Increases the blood flow of the body which aids in healing.
- Boosts your immune system.
Our massage therapists are licensed here in the state of Florida and received training in anatomy, physiology, hydrotherapy and several different types of massage.
The Types of Massage Offered are:
Swedish Massage: done to relax and reduce stress as well as help circulation and increase range of motion.
Deep Tissue Massage: done with a firmer pressure; it deeply works the muscles and connective tissues to relieve aches and pains.
Hot Stone Massage: combines Swedish and Deep Tissue techniques while utilizing hot stones to massage the tissues and are placed on the body to enhance relief and relaxation.
Neuromuscular Therapy: done in order to relieve spasm and pain by applying pressure at specific points in the tissue. Most patients request an hour massage, but thirty and ninety minute massages are also available. Give us a call and we can help you choose the type of massage and therapist that is right for you.